Monday, September 6, 2010

Why Cant' People See the Real Me!

It's truly interesting how people's perspectives on things can shut down a frienship or family relationship. How the need to be right far outweighs the benefits of having harmony between two people or within a family unit. When it comes to deeper issues that involve religion, political beliefs, and even sexual orientation, these are some touchy touchy subjects. In fact I think it's been said that these topics are taboo and should never be discussed in areas where we have differing views and/or agendas. We would not want to sever what's good between us so let's leave these topics off the table. But are they truly ever off the table? Most people have an innate ability to know things about others, at least if they are paying attention to the signs. On other topics we can simply agree to disagree. And oh what a can of worms these topics can open if we aren't careful. We stand to lose friends, family, business associates, neighbors and others.




I am approaching this from personal perspective. I recently, over the past year or so, have inched my way out of the broom closet to family members. I have worn my pentacle openly and proudly and... of course my family is an authority on such things as Satanism? I use that term loosely and with out any offense to Satanists. I am talking about the blatent ignorance of people who THINK they know what you're all about and who you are and who your diety is? Have you ever come across this? I am sure you have. I have 2 brothers who have known for about 2 years now that I am witch and presumably in their infinate knowledge they know what it means to be a witch? NOT! To them, I am a bride of Satan and therefore a poisoner and evil. It has come to crunch time now as on the weekend, my pentacle, my symbol of my faith, was ripped away from me and flung onto a roof. I was told they didn't believe in that shit! I felt so rejected as though they had each taken a hold of me and twisted me into the shape of a pentagram and flung me up on that roof. And for what I ask? Because they think they know more about such things than I do? Never having taken time to educate themselves about this "wicked" path that I, their only sister, has chosen to follow. If one of my siblings had become involved with something that I suspected was evil or not good for them, I would be all over that band wagon looking to show proof of why they are going down the wrong road. I am not worth it in their eyes. I was told, "Go away Jemma, you're not welcome here!". That from the only blood relatives I have left.




I am not a perfect person, but I have never hurt them like they have hurt me. This kind of ignorance floors me. They don't know me and now never will. Shame on them! They have attempted to take a personal faith from me that no one has the right to take from another. I was an empty shell before I found paganism and I was beginning to claw my way back to something that gave me back my power as a woman, and they stomped on it, preferring that I remain weak and subserviant to the Christian god/ the male god. I will not allow them to take this from me, even if It means they exit my life entirely. I am a reader of the tarot and my card today 6 of wands which promises me victory and success. They will recognize me for who I am!!! SO MOTE IT BE!




Blessed Be,

Septemberwitch

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly written hon bravo!!! and I concur with ALL of it .. blessings to you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete